Book Review: Too Late by Colleen Hoover

Title: Too Late
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Wattpad
Publication date: 2016
Pages: 395
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary

Add to Goodreads

Sloan will go through hell and back for her little brother. And she does, every single night.

Forced to remain in a relationship with the dangerous and corrupt Asa Jackson, Sloan will do whatever it takes to make sure her brother has what he needs.

Nothing will get in her way.

Nothing except Carter.

Sloan is the only good thing to ever happen to Asa. He knows this and he never plans on letting her go; even if she doesn't approve of his lifestyle. But despite Sloan's disapproval,
Asa knows what it takes to get what he wants. He knows what he needs to do to remain on top.

Nothing will get in his way.

Nothing except Carter. 

If you are looking for a book that will leave you tense for hours after reading it, then this is definitely something for you! I don't think I have ever been this tense while reading a book. Colleen Hoover deserve credits for writing scenes that leaves your breathless and hungry for more.

The story is told through three different perspectives: Sloan's, Carter's and Asa's. All of them are complete different characters, which I highly appreciated. To see everything from their perspective was both a joy and a total nightmare. You all know what I'm talking about. There were moments where I wanted to rip my hear out, and moments that I wish lasted longer. This book can, a 100%, be compared to a roller coaster.

This is my third Colleen Hoover book, and I understand why so many people enjoy her books. Though, this book did not live up to its expectations. I enjoyed the book, a lot. But then we got to the end, I was let down. I got the feeling like the book was too short, so the ending was dragged out to its max. For me, it ruined the story. It would have gotten a full star review if it wasn't for that.


Ingen kommentarer